Sunday, May 18, 2008

in Goa

Goa is insanely hot at this time of year so I've adoped the habit that most sane Indians do of avoiding going out between 9-5 so after this I'm off for a long walk along the Mandovi river which leads to the Arabian Sea and will find a nice place to eat. Its a very safe and charming place to walk around and becuase its so hot by day, the night life goes on into the night. The gallery space that Hanuman and I will show is amazing, run by a young Indian man (with an American accent) who graduated from UPenn and lived in LA for a number of years, he is in a family real-estate buisness and new to the gallery trade and is generously putting me up in a lovely guest house a block away. He is hosting a wine tasting party before our opening, which sounds like a great idea. I'll be running a painting workshop for about 20 of Hanuman's students next week.
In the meantime from my ac room I'm eagerly planning our Himachal Pradesh routes and timing and reading a delightful book called Kullu, The End of the Habitable World by a women who made the same treck we will by mule.

1 comment:

Nancy Myers said...

Hi Kad, thanks for the post, your trip sounds fabulous! I'm glad you made it to Goa safely and that you will have a good gallery experience. Please keep up the posts, I will travel with you by blog! Love, Nad